Dear Non-profit Representative,
Thank you for your interest in submitting a proposal to work with the Multicultural Leadership Program (MCLP). To date MCLP has helped more than 40 local organizations and we are pleased to offer this request for proposals (RFP) . To see prior projects, click here.
Please note that an updated component to the partnership with MCLP project participants includes shadowing the board of their nonprofit partner. Therefore, if your proposal is selected, the team assigned to you (typically 5 participants) will also take turns attending your board meetings. If you have any questions about this new component, please contact Kristin Manzi, MCLP Community Involvement Committee Chair, at email@example.com or call 815-693-7302.
Important dates to be noted (please make sure a representative is available to attend/commit to these dates):
- June 15, 2019, noon - proposals are due electronically. Note: All submissions will be acknowledged by automated email as soon as submitted
- July 1, 2019 - Project Proposal selections are made and non-profits are notified whether or not they will be a Project Partner
- July or August 2019 MCLP Project Sponsor-Liaison-Advisor Orientation session (date TBA)
- July 25, 2019, 4 - 5 p.m. - Class of 2020 Opening reception, Heartland Community College, Astroth Community Educaction Center (attendance optional but encouraged).
- Sept. 7, 2019, 3:30 - 5:00 p.m. Project Teams have initial meeting with Project Partners (Project Partner hosts at their nonprofit or a location of their choice).
- Dec. 12, 2019, 5:00 - 6:30 p.m. Midterm Project Presentations
- March 7, 2020 3:00 5:00 p.m. - Final Presentations
- April 25, 2020 - MCLP Graduation (projects complete)
We look forward to partnering with you and your organization in advancing your mission. - MCLP Community Involvement Committee