Dear Non-profit Representative,
Thank you for your interest in submitting a proposal to work with the Multicultural Leadership Program (MCLP). To date MCLP has helped more than 40 local organizations and we are pleased to offer this request for proposals (RFP) for the Class of 2019. To see prior projects, click here.
Please note an important change to our projects: In the past, MCLP particpants have worked on a project for one organization, and shadowed the board of a different organization. Starting with the class of 2018, board shadowing was integrated with the community project. This means that the project team assigned to you (typically 5 participants) will also take turns attending your board meetings. If you have any questions about this new component, please contact LindaB@bn-mclp.org, or call 309-556-3651.
Here are important dates for your awareness:
Important dates to be noted (please make sure a representative is available to attend/commit to these dates):
- June 18, 2018, noon - proposals are due electronically. Note: All submissions will be acknowledged by automated email as soon as submitted
- July 2, 2018 - Project Proposal selections are made and non-profits are notified whether or not they will be a Project Partner
- July or August 2018 MCLP Project Sponsor-Liaison-Advisor Orientation session (date TBA)
- July 26, 2018, 4 - 5 p.m. - Class of 2018 Opening reception, Heartland Community College, Astroth Community Educaction Center (attendance optional but encouraged).
- Sept. 8, 2018, 3:30 - 5:00 p.m. Project Teams have initial meeting with Project Partners (Project Partner hosts at their nonprofit or another location).
- Dec. 2018, Midterm Project Presentations (date / location TBA)
- March 2019 - Final Presentations
- April 2019 - MCLP Graduation (projects complete)
We look forward to partnering with you and your organization in advancing your mission. - MCLP Community Involvement Committee